Smoke Damage Mitigation Company Nearby
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your house can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your AC.
- To suck out smoke, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our smoke remediation services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.