Water Damage Can Happen Anytime
Any home or business can undergo water damage, despite the climate or location. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family.To decrease the amount of damage your home will undergo, contact the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will analyze and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. While we can help restore your property, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. Knowing how to guard your property from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage?
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. That’s why it’s important to be constantly on the lookout for the signs of water damage. You’ll have to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
Are you concerned about your house receiving water damages? There are preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Leaking or burst pipes can bring significant damages to your house. Call Paul! at 801-299-1000 if you have significant water damages in your home. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no emergency too big for Paul Davis to tackle.