Preventing Water Damage
No business can be immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. The experts from Paul Davis understand the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family.To minimize the amount of damage your home will undergo, contact the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll assess and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. While we can help restore your building, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. Knowing how to guard your house from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Water Damage Happens
Every family has appliances that we rely on. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can throw a wrench in your daily schedule. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, sink or bathtub, any of these appliances can cause significant problems by flooding. The experts from Paul Davis can patch up any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. The Paul Davis experts can fix water damage from:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have stopped it. There are ways to prevent this. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t wait. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Call Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive at your home as soon as possible. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that have occurred in your home.