Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can see it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the kind of mold that has spread in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be practically impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your house. You should be worried when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the strain of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will develop the optimal way for treatment then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your prime option is working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your residence and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it lives in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your house and effectively manage treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in getting your house free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives both indoors and outdoors. It can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It spreads in porous, damp locations such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is good, as it’s among the more terrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold induces skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.