Repair Smoke Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while soot can seriously damage walls. A fire can have disastrous, deep-rooted effects both to your home and your family.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why as fire repair experts, we’re here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your home can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your HVAC system.
- To fan out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.