Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your residence. Mold is a part of nature, however the species of mold that resides in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be basically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your property. It’s only as the mold is growing in your property that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the species of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your residence and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it resides in, meaning that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with getting your residence free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in porous, overtly moist environments such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a musty odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold areas and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.