Is Water Damage Harmful?
You’ve got a lot to take care of. Thinking about water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your house experienced water damage? Call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to evaluate and repair any water damage they find in your house. You can take precautionary actions to avoid water damage. It’s important to be aware of the signs of water damage in your house.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How can you avoid water damages? By preventing it completely. Because of this, you need to be on the lookout for signs of water damage. This means finding the time to examine home appliances that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
If you’re worried about your house receiving water damages, there are preemptive actions that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from ruining your house:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. Paul Davis has taken care of water damages in homes for years. Let us take care of you.