Water Damage Can Happen Anytime
With a large house to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Has your house experienced water damage? It’s imperative to call the experts as soon as possible. The experts from Paul Davis will arrive at your home to assess and repair any water damage. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to avoid costly water damage repairs. It’s important to know how to check for water damage in your house, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Chances are, there are a couple of appliances in your house that you need for everyday life. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unexpected issues in your everyday schedule. Whether it’s your washing machine, refrigerator water dispenser, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can flood and cause major issues. Paul Davis’ experts can patch up any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your house. Paul Davis can repair water damage from:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
If you’re concerned about your house receiving water damages, there are precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to take care of you.