Water Damage Can Occur Anytime
Any home can undergo water damage, no matter the location or climate. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals as soon as possible to minimize the amount of water damage your home will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will evaluate and fix the problem. While we can help repair your building, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Knowing how to protect your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Water Damage Occurs
Prevention is the most effective way to avoid water damage. That’s why it’s imperative to be constantly on the lookout for the signs of water damage. This might require taking the time to inspect the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
If you’re worried about your house receiving water damages, there are a few precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. You can do the following to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Has your house experienced water damages? Don’t wait. Waiting will only make the damages worse. Contact Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis professionals will arrive at your house as soon as they can. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that occurred in your house.