The Dangers of Water Damage
No home or business can be immune to water damages. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.Call the professionals immediately to minimize the amount of water damage your home will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will analyze and repair the problem. While we can help repair your building, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Knowing how to protect your house from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage
How does your home sustain water damage? When a surplus of water collects in places where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your home to examine water damage. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your home will endure for a long time. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your home can cause water damage. Because water damage can be caused by so many things, you must be careful. Do you believe that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is key to avoiding expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us take care of you.