Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, although the type of mold that has spread in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your home. It’s only when mold is growing in your home that you need to be worried. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the kind of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the best way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, your best option is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold will cause damage to your house on top of major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it resides in, this means that the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given structure, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist in helping make your house healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous areas like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is good, as it is among the more terrible. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in warm and cold areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and spreading in colder temperatures, this mold is coral or pink colored and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the experts with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.