How Can I Prevent Water Damage?
Every building can experience water damages, no matter where your building is located. Your building can sustain water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you call our professionals, they’ll be able to decrease the amount of damage your home will undergo. We have a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that can inspect and repair the damage, no matter the amount of water damage.
What Can Cause Water Damage?
Every family has appliances that are needed for everyday life. But when they break, they can cause major issues. Any home appliance that uses water could cause major damages by flooding. If you have an emergency on your hands, don’t worry. Any water damage issues can be repaired by the thoroughly trained water repair technicians from Paul Davis. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Sinks, bathtubs or toilets that have overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Washing machine or dishwasher overflow
- Heavy storms or rainfall
- Cresting streams or rivers
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. If you want to avoid high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Here are a few tips on how you can prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Never pour grease down your kitchen sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause undesirable pressure on your hoses or pipes.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. When a pipe leaks or bursts, you can shut off your water main immediately to prevent any further damage.
- Check your water bill for any unforeseen spikes in your usage. It could point to a leak.
- Cleanout your gutters regularly to avoid blockage.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Check your house regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s just a minor leak, then address it yourself immediately. But if it’s bigger leak or burst, reach out to the efficient professionals from Paul Davis.
Our Water Damage Restoration Services
When the worst happens, don’t waste any time. All of our franchises have 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to repair any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, such as:
- Assessing water damage
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring damaged possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
Rely on Paul Davis for Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Your home can undergo serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you need water damage repair call Paul! at 801-299-1000. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. We‘ve spent 50 years repairing water damages– you can depend on Paul Davis to take care of any water emergency you throw our way.