The Harm of Water Damage
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be very hard to detect by the unexperienced eye. If you need experts that are experienced in water damage, rely on Paul Davis. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at very affordable prices. Has your home undergone unexpected water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner should have the skill of identifying water damage. It’s important to know what preemptive actions to take to prevent water damage. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
How Water Damage Happens
Your home sustains water damage when a surplus of water collects in areas where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your home to analyze water damage. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can stop water damage from occurring in the first place, you‘ll be able to live in your home for years to come. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your home can cause water damage. But no matter how water damage occurs, it’s critical to be vigilant. Do you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Avoiding Water Damage
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is key to avoiding costly repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to stop water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home experienced water damages, don’t hesitate. The longer you wait, the worse the damages will become. For high-quality water damage restoration services, reach out to Paul Davis today at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis technicians will come to your home as soon as possible. You can rely on us to take care of any water damages that have occurred in your home.