Is Water Damage Harmful?
Water damage can occur in any home, no matter the location or climate. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. Water damages within your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. The professionals from Paul Davis understand.Call the professionals as soon as possible to decrease your home’s water damage. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll evaluate and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the cost of water damages. Knowing how to protect your property from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Water Damage Happens
Chances are, there are a few appliances in your home that you need for everyday life. But if your appliance is broken, it can often cause more harm than good. Whether it’s your shower, refrigerator water dispenser, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can flood and cause significant problems. In the case of an emergency, the professionals from Paul Davis can arrive on the scene to patch up any leaks and repair water damage efficiently. Paul Davis can fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Avoiding Water Damage
The most efficient method of avoiding water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid costly repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. To avoid water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary steps to stop water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us take care of you.