Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
No business is immune to water damages. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals immediately to minimize your home’s water damage. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll evaluate and fix the problem. However, you can avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to guard your property from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage
Your home sustains water damage when a surplus of water collects in areas where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your home to assess water damage. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, you can live in your home for a long time. Both outside elements and elements inside your home can cause flooding. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s important to be vigilant. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. Don’t let this happen to you. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Your home can experience serious damages from a leaking or burst pipe. Call Paul! at 801-299-1000 if you need water damage remediation services. Our professionals will connect you with your local Paul Davis expert. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to take care of.