Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is a part of nature, but the kind of mold that grows in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores move through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It is virtually impossible for you to stop mold entering your house. You need to take action as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the kind of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way to treat it then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your best choice is working with a company who specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services in conjunction with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your dwelling and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it lives in, meaning the longer it remains untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic substances.
With the variety of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with getting your house safe and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It grows in damp, porous locations like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm areas and moves quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing required to eradicate dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.