Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Thinking about water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s imperative to call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will come to your home to evaluate and repair any water damage in your home. But there are things you can do around the house to prevent expensive water damage repairs. It’s important to be aware of the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Water Damage Happens
Chances are, there are a couple of appliances in your home that you need for everyday life. Unfortunately, a broken appliance can cause unexpected issues in your everyday schedule. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, refrigerator water dispenser, faucets or toilet, any of these appliances can cause significant problems by flooding. Paul Davis’ professionals can mend any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. The Paul Davis professionals can fix water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Preventing Water Damage
If you’re concerned about your home receiving water damages, there are preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Take the following steps to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to stop water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. Paul Davis has taken care of water damages in houses for years. Let us take care of you.