The Harm of Water Damage
Water damage can be very hard to detect by the untrained eye. Thankfully for homeowners, the experts from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at very reasonable prices. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner should be able to identify water damage. There are preemptive steps you can take to prevent water damage on your property. The best way to tackle water damage is to prevent it from happening in the first place.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
What’s the best way to beat water damages? Prevention. Because of this, you need to be constantly looking for water damage in your house. You might have to take the time to examine the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid costly repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive steps to stop water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We’ve been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Let us take care of you.