Water Damage Can Occur Anywhere, Anytime
No home is immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals as soon as possible to minimize the amount of water damage your home will undergo. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll assess and repair the problem. However, there are ways to avoid the cost of water damages. Knowing how to protect your house from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage?
Prevention is the most effective method to beat water damage. Because of this, you need to be on the lookout for signs of water damage. You might have to take the time to examine home appliances that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing as frustrating as finding water damage on your property when you know that you could have stopped it. You can avoid this. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house undergone water damages? Don’t wait. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Contact Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. When your local Paul Davis experts arrive, you can relaxing knowing you’ll be in capable hands. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that occurred in your house.