Preventing Water Damage
Water damage can be very hard to detect by the unexperienced eye. If you need professionals that are experienced in water damage, count on Paul Davis. Our professionals can tackle any level of water damage at very reasonable prices. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But to find water damage before it increases, property owners needs to be able to identify water damage. There are precautionary steps you can take to evade water damage on your property. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
What Causes Water Damage?
Prevention is the most productive method to avoid water damage. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage in your house. You’ll have to take the time to analyze home appliances that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage in the home:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, they could’ve done something to prevent it. Don’t let this happen. If you want to prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
If your house undergone water damages, don’t wait. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Call Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis technicians will come to your house as soon as possible. You can count on us to take care of any water damages that occurred in your house.