Watch Out for Water Damage
Water damage can occur in any home or business, despite the climate or location. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. The experts from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals as soon as possible to minimize the amount of water damage your property will undergo. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll assess and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage. While we can help repair your house, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. Knowing how to protect your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Water Damage Occurs
How does your home sustain water damage? When extra water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your home to examine water damage. However, it’s important to know what to look for. If you can stop water damage from occurring in the first place, you will live in your home for years to come. Both outside elements and elements inside your home can cause flooding. Because water damage is caused by so many things, you must be vigilant. Do you believe that your home is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
If you’re concerned about your home receiving water damages, there are preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. Do the following to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t wait. The longer you wait, the more extensive repairs you’ll need. Contact Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis technicians will come to your home as soon as possible. You can count on us to take care of any water damages that have occurred in your home.