Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a building. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire restoration technicians are here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
You Can Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Your house can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your AC.
- To fan out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Rely on Paul Davis
Has your house had recent fire damage? Turn to Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.