Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the strain of mold that grows in your home or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is practically impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your house. It’s only when the mold is growing in your property that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the strain of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert who will develop the best way for treatment and perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, it is best to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in conjunction with basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your dwelling along with major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it’s found in, meaning that the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with getting your house healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous locations such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is lucky, as it is among the more terrible. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in cold and warm areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is commonly located in soft goods and thrives and moves in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services necessary to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.