Fire Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can cause serious damage to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have extreme and devastating both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your precious keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Your home can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system to stop smoke from spreading.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to push out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in effective using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services experts from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.