Preventing Water Damage
No home can be immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family.To decrease your home’s water damage, contact the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll evaluate and repair the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, you can avoid the expense of water damages. Every homeowner needs to understand how to protect their home from water damages.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
Your home sustains water damage when a surplus of water accumulates in areas where it can cause problems. Paul Davis can come to your house to examine water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can stop water damage from occurring in the first place, your house will endure for a long time. Both outside elements and elements inside your house can cause water damage. Because water damage is caused by so many elements, you must be on the lookout. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. More often than not, it could have been prevented. Don’t let this happen. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Has your house experienced water damages? Don’t hesitate. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Call Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. When your local Paul Davis professionals come to your home, you can relaxing knowing your house will be taken care of. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis can take care of it.