How Can I Prevent Water Damage?
Every home or business can undergo water damages, no matter where you may live. Your business can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding and heavy rainfall. Paul Davis understands the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you call our professionals, they’ll be able to reduce the amount of damage your home will sustain. Our nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors can address, assess and repair the damage, no matter the amount of water damage.
What Can Cause Water Damage?
Every family has appliances that are needed for day to day life. Unfortunately, if they malfunction, they can often cause more damage than good. Any home appliance that uses water could cause major problems by flooding. When an emergency strikes, the water damage remediation technicians from Paul Davis will arrive as soon as possible to fix the problem and repair water damage efficiently. Our technicians can repair water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water lines or pipes
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy rain or storms
- Rivers or streams that have crested
Avoiding Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid water damage repairs? Preventing water damage altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding pricey repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Here are a few ways you can prevent water damage:
- Regularly look over your appliances for leaks.
- Never pour grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause significant damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- In case of an emergency, know how to turn off your water main. When a pipe leaks or bursts, you can shut off your water main immediately to prevent irreversible damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. You could have a leak on your hands.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your gutters and roof.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Check your house regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
The Water Restoration Services We Provide
When an emergency happens, don’t waste any time. All of our franchises offer 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to repair any water damages as soon as they can. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Assessing water damage
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
Turn to Us for Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. If you need water damage remediation call Paul! at 801-299-1000. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.