Water Damage Can Happen Anywhere, Anytime
Unless you’ve been trained on water damage, it can be extremely difficult to detect. Luckily for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable prices. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner needs to be able to detect water damage. There are precautionary actions you can take to evade water damage in your house. The most productive way to tackle water damage is to stop it from occurring.
The Causes of Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid water damages? By preventing it completely. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage in your house. This means taking the time to examine home appliances that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Avoiding Water Damage
The best way to avoid water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid costly repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. To prevent water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Burst or leaking pipes can cause serious damages to your house. If you have serious water damages on your hands, call Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as they can. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to handle.