Water Damage Can Happen Anywhere
No home is immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.In order to decrease your home’s water damage, call the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll assess and repair the problem. While we can help repair your home, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. Knowing how to protect your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. Because of this, you need to be constantly looking for signs of water damage in your home. This means finding the time to inspect the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. To avoid expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. To avoid water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t wait. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Contact Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis technicians will arrive at your home as soon as they can. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis will take care of it.