The Harm of Water Damage
Unless you’ve been trained on water damage, it can be extremely hard to notice. Thankfully for property owners, the experts from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experts can handle any level of water damage at extremely affordable rates. If you have unforeseen water damages on your hands, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every property owner needs to have the skill of detecting water damage. It’s important to know how to take preemptive steps to prevent water damage. The best way to tackle water damage is to stop it from occurring.
What Causes Water Damage?
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water accumulates in areas where it can cause problems. The experts from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your house to assess water damage. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, you‘ll be able to live in your house for years. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your house can cause water damage. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s critical to be cautious. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
If you’re concerned about your house receiving water damages, there are precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. You can do the following to stop water damage from ruining your house:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Rely on us to help you.