How Harmful Can Water Damages Be?
No home or business can be immune to water damages. Your business can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the emotional and financial strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals immediately to minimize the amount of water damage your property will undergo. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll assess and repair the problem. While we can help repair your house, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Knowing how to guard your house from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
The Causes of Water Damage
Chances are, there are a couple of appliances in your house that you need for day-to-day life. But if your appliance is malfunctioning, it can often cause more harm than good. Any appliance, whether it’s a shower, refrigerator water dispenser, faucets or toilet, most of these appliances can cause significant problems by leaking. In the case of an emergency, the professionals from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to mend any leaks and quickly repair water damage. Rely on Paul Davis to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Prevention
If you’re worried about your house receiving water damages, there are a few precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Do the following to stop water damage from ruining your house:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We’ve been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Trust us to take care of you.