How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that can be just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by the smell of smoke, while soot can seriously stain walls. A fire can have extreme and disastrous both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Your house can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- To fan out smokey air, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.