How to Lookout for Water Leaks
Despite where you live, your business or home could receive major water damage. Basement flooding, sewer backups and storm damage can all generate major damages to your home. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you contact our water damage technicians, they’ll be able to reduce the amount of damage your home will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will address, assess and repair the problem.
What Causes Water Damage?
Every family has appliances that are needed for everyday life. But a malfunctioning appliance can often cause more harm than good. Whether it’s your dishwasher, washing machine, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can cause major damages by flooding. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. Our experienced water repair technicians can repair any water damage issues. Paul Davis has experience making repairs from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy rain or storms
- Streams or rivers that have crested
How Can I Prevent Water Damage?
What’s the best way to avoid costly repairs? Preventing water damage altogether. In order to avoid high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Here are some ways you can prevent water damage:
- Frequently check your appliances for leaks.
- Refrain from pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting unwanted pressure on your hoses or pipes.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to prevent any further damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unforeseen spikes in your water bill. It could point to a leak.
- To avoid damage to your gutters and roof, cleanout your gutters regularly.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to be smart. Regularly check your house and appliances. Do you suspect that there’s a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
Paul Davis’s Water Damage Mitigation Services
You shouldn’t waste any time when the worst happens. Our franchises provide 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to repair any water damages as soon as possible. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring damaged possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filing insurance claims
Turn to Paul Davis for Your Water Damage Mitigation Needs
Your home can undergo serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you’re in need of water damage repair call Paul! at 801-299-1000. Our professionals will get you in touch with an expert in your area. We‘ve spent 50 years repairing water damages, so you can depend on Paul Davis to handle any water emergency you throw our way.