Is Water Damage Harmful?
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be very hard to detect by the unexperienced eye. Luckily for property owners, the professionals from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. We can tackle any level of water damage at very reasonable rates. Do you have unexpected water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every property owner should be able to identify water damage. It’s important to understand how to take preemptive steps in order to evade water damage. The most productive way to handle water damage is to stop it from happening.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How can you beat water damages? By preventing it completely. That’s why it’s important to search your home for the signs of water damage. This might require finding the time to examine the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
Are you worried about your home receiving water damages? There are precautionary actions that you can take. You can never be too careful. You can do the following to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We’ve been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Let us help you.