Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your residence. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the type of mold that is found in your house or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on pets, clothing and shoes. It is virtually impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your home. It’s only when there is mold growing in your home that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to consult with that can advise on the type of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will devise the best way to treat it then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be a long process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold will cause damage to your residence on top of major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your residence and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given home, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in making your residence free and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It grows in porous, damp areas such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly responsive allergic mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a musty odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold environments and moves rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is commonly located in a home’s soft goods and grows and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.