Call Paul Davis: Learn More About Black Mold
No homeowner wants black mold, but what is it? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) grows in damp spots and is usually seen around condensation or near untreated puddles inside. These spores enter the home via windows, other entrances or tracked on personal items and clothing. Although most fungus found in your home aren’t dangerous, black mold can cause illness if neglected.
Signs of Black Mold Exposure
Black mold is a toxic mold that releases spores. Symptoms include chronic coughing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat as well as skin rashes. Additionally, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose are seen in the most serious cases of long term exposure.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unseen for weeks, and then spring up essentially overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your property, it quickly grows and discharges toxins that make life difficult for occcupants:
- Mold emanates a strong, musty scent that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold causes problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate long-lasting inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it prospers must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any residual moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight sections of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep returning to these spots.
Call Paul Davis now if your home has black mold. We safely test and confirm the existence of black mold before remediation. Depend on our professionals to eliminate black mold effectively. Keep your family safe, get a black mold inspection now.