Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
Any property can endure water damage, no matter the location or climate. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your home. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family.To decrease the amount of damage your home will undergo, call the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll analyze and repair the problem. While we can help repair your property, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. It’s imperative for every homeowner to know how to protect their building from water damages.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
Water damage occurs when a surplus of water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your house to examine water damage. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can stop water damage from occurring, your house will endure for years to come. Flooding can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Because water damage is caused by so many elements, you must be vigilant. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
There’s nothing as frustrating as discovering water damage on your property when you know that you could have prevented it. You can stop this from happening. If you want to prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
If your house undergone water damages, don’t wait. The longer you wait, the more extensive repairs you’ll need. Contact Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis professionals will arrive at your house as soon as possible. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis can take care of it.