How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire restoration experts are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your house can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your HVAC system.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your house undergone fire damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. Our smoke restoration services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.