Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Many homeowners have found unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Has your home undergone water damage? Call the experts immediately. The experts from Paul Davis will arrive at your property to evaluate and restore any water damage they discover in your home. But there are precautionary actions that any homeowner can take to prevent costly water damage repairs. All homeowners need to be aware of how to look for water damage in your home.
The Causes of Water Damage
Chances are, there are a few appliances in your home that you need for day-to-day life. But if your appliance is malfunctioning, it usually causes more harm than good. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, refrigerator water dispenser, faucets or toilet, any of these appliances can leak and cause significant issues. The experts from Paul Davis can patch up any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your home. Rely on us to fix water damage from the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
There’s nothing as frustrating as finding water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. You can stop this from happening. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your home undergone water damages? Don’t hesitate. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Call Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. When your local Paul Davis professionals come to your home, you can relaxing knowing you’ll be in experienced hands. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis will handle it.