Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have extreme and catastrophic both to your house and your family.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your home can receive serious soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- To push out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your home undergone fire damage? Turn to Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.