Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the kind of mold that has spread in your house or business is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It is nearly impossible for you to prevent mold entering your house. You need to be worried when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the strain of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert who will develop the optimal way for treatment and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your residence along with major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it’s found in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively handle treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist in getting your house safe and free from the most insidious molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It grows in damp, porous environments such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing required to eradicate insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.