Watch Out for Water Damage
Water damage can occur in any home or business, despite the climate or location. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your home. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals immediately to minimize your home’s water damage. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will assess and repair the problem. While we can help restore your house, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Knowing how to guard your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
How can you beat water damages? Prevention. Because of this, you need to be constantly looking for signs of water damage. This means taking the time to examine home appliances that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
If you’re worried about your home receiving water damages, there are a few preemptive actions that you can take. You can never be too cautious. You can do the following to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Burst or leaking pipes can cause serious damages to your home. Call Paul! at 801-299-1000 if you have serious water damages on your hands. When you reach out to us, our professionals will connect you with your local Paul Davis expert. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to take care of any water emergency you have for us.