Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as destructive. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your home.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
Your building can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- To fan out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke repair services. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the fire repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.