Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your home. Mold is a part of nature, but the type of mold that is found in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be practically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your property. It’s only when there is mold growing in your house that you need to be worried. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the species of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert who will develop the best way for treatment and carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your house on top of major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it lives in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in any given home, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with getting your home free and safe from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in porous, damp environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is good, as it is among the more horrible. It requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This species of mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in cold and warm environments and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in soft goods and thrives and spreads in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.