Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
Water damage can be very difficult to detect by the untrained eye. If you’re in need of professionals that are experienced in water damage, rely on Paul Davis. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at very affordable rates. Has your property sustained unforeseen water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But in order to catch water damage before it escalates, property owners needs to have the skill of identifying water damage. There are precautionary actions you can take to evade water damage on your property. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
How does your house sustain water damage? When a surplus of water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis will come to your house to examine water damage as soon as possible. However, it’s important to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your house will endure for a long time. Both outside elements and elements inside your house can cause flooding. Because water damage can be caused by so many elements, you must be cautious. Do you believe that there is water damage in your house? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
There’s nothing as frustrating as finding water damage on your property when you know that you could have prevented it. Don’t let this happen. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Burst or leaking pipes can bring significant damages to your house. Call Paul! at 801-299-1000 if you have serious water damages on your hands. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as possible. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to tackle.