How Harmful Can Water Damages Be?
Water damage can occur in any home, no matter the location or climate. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.To minimize the amount of damage your home will undergo, call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will assess and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to protect your property from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water collects in places where it can cause problems. The professionals from Paul Davis can come to your house to analyze water damage at a moment’s notice. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can prevent water damage from occurring, your house will last for years to come. Both outside elements and elements inside your house can cause water damage. But no matter how water damage occurs, it’s crucial to be careful. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid pricey repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. To avoid water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us help you.