How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Your house can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your house recently undergone fire damage? Reach out to the professionals from Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.