Is Water Damage Harmful?
Water damage can be very difficult to detect by the untrained eye. Luckily for homeowners, the experts from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at very reasonable rates. If you have unforeseen water damages on your hands, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every homeowner needs to have the skill of identifying water damage. There are preemptive actions you can take to avoid water damage in your house. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
How Water Damage Occurs
Prevention is the most effective method to avoid water damage. Because of this, you need to be on the lookout for signs of water damage. You’ll have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here‘s what can cause water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Preventing Water Damage
The best way to avoid water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is key to avoiding pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. To stop water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Your house can experience significant damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at 801-299-1000 if you have serious water damages in your home. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as possible. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no emergency too serious for Paul Davis to repair.