The Dangers of Water Damage
Unless you have experience with water damage, it can be extremely difficult to notice. Luckily for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely affordable prices. If your property has unexpected water damage, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. But in order to catch water damage before it increases, homeowners should have the skill of detecting water damage. It’s important to understand what preemptive steps to take to evade water damage. The best way to handle water damage is to stop it from happening.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Chances are, there are a couple of appliances in your house that you need for everyday life. But a malfunctioning appliance usually causes more harm than good. No matter if it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can cause significant problems by leaking. The experts from Paul Davis can patch up any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your house. Count on us to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Prevention
The most efficient method of avoiding water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Try the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to prevent water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 801-299-1000. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to take care of you.