How Harmful Can Water Damages Be?
Unless you have experience with water damage, it can be extremely hard to notice. Luckily for homeowners, the experts from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at extremely affordable rates. Has your house sustained unforeseen water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But to find water damage before it gets worse, homeowners should be able to detect water damage. It’s imperative to understand how to take precautionary steps in order to prevent water damage. The key to water damage repairs are avoiding them all together.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When extra water collects in areas where it can cause problems. Paul Davis can come to your home to assess water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage altogether, you‘ll be able to live in your home for years. Flooding can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s important to be vigilant. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have prevented it. You can stop this from happening. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Leaking or burst pipes can bring serious damages to your home. If you need water damage remediation services, call Paul Davis at 801-299-1000. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as possible. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to repair.