No Home is Immune to Water Damage
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be extremely hard to detect by the untrained eye. If you’re a homeowner looking for experts that are experienced in water damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely affordable prices. Does your house have unexpected water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every homeowner should be able to identify water damage. It’s important to understand how to take precautionary steps to prevent water damage. The most productive way to tackle water damage is to prevent it from occurring in the first place.
The Causes of Water Damage
Prevention is the most productive method to beat water damage. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage in your home. You might have to examine the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. To avoid costly repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. Try the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t hesitate. Waiting will only make the damages worse. For efficient water damage restoration services, call Paul Davis today at 801-299-1000. When your local Paul Davis professionals arrive, you can relaxing with the knowledge that you’ll be in experienced hands. You can rely on us to take care of any water damages that have occurred in your home.